It’s a common New Year’s resolution – get in shape, loss weight and look better in a bathing suit. Unfortunately these things are easier said than done. A week into the new year most people have forgotten their promise. However, utilizing some of the following tips may make 2010 the year you keep your resolutions.
* Get HappyStress is a major factor when it comes to your health. Incorporate regular exercise and a healthy diet to help reduce your stress levels. Be honest about what you are capable of doing and set a series of small goals leading up to your end goal. Each small success will bring you one step closer to your target and create a happier you.
* Start SlowlyIf you are going to make a successful change it has to be designed for the long run. Don’t rush into a new exercise regimen only to burn yourself out. Take your time, build up your endurance and be careful not to injure yourself.
* Get in the WaterWater sports are an excellent choice to get you started on your fitness goals. Even if you don’t know how to swim, you can still get a good workout in shallow water. Put on a swimsuit and run in place while swinging your arms back and forth. Do this in water about chest deep for 20 to 30 minutes.
* Dress TrendyMany people feel more motivated to go to the gym/pool if they have swimwearor workout clothes that make them feel good. It’s important to feel comfortable when you’re starting out with something new. So, go to your local sporting goods store and pick out swimsuits, tennis shoes and running attire that are not only comfortable, but fun to wear. Pick out something in your favorite color or a trendy design.
And, don’t worry about being self-conscious. If you need plus-size swimwear or exercise attire, there are plenty of options out there that will cater to your needs.
* Eat and Drink HealthyWork on only putting healthy things into your body. If you’re a soda drinker, try switching to water. If you’re craving sweets, try eating an orange or a banana instead. These small steps will help you reach your goal. Also, learn to read food labels at the grocery store. If something has more than two or three ingredients you have trouble pronouncing, put it back on the shelf.Most importantly, don’t deprive yourself. If you want a piece of chocolate, have it. Just do it in moderation.
It’s important to have fitness goals. It’s even more important to have the proper tools to reach those goals. Utilizing these strategies can help you do just that.
make a booking